Agias Sofias 16, Corfu 49100, Greece
T. +30 26610 33848 | M. 6947 704919 | E. email@example.com
2 Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken leg quarters
3-4 Potatoes cut in wedges
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Onion, finely diced
1/2 Tsp Ginger, grated
1/2 Tbsp Garlic, grated
1/2 Cup Tamarind Paste or syrup
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Zest & juice of 1 Lime
1/4 tsp Cayenne Powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste
– Heat oil in a small sauce pan
– Add the diced onion and cook until they soften and start to brown
– Stir in the grate ginger and garlic and cook for another minute, until frgrant.
– Add the tamarind paste, honey, orange juice, soy sauce, lemon zest and juice along with the cayenne powder and bring the sauce to a gentle boil while stirring.
– Let the sauce reduce and thicken to a syrupy consistency then turn off the heat.
– In the meantime score your chicken leg quarters to the bone and season well with salt and pepper to taste.
– Preheat oven to 220c. – Brush the chicken well with the tamarind sauce on both sides, reserving some sauce for basting later.
– Place in an oven proof dish/sheet pan and roast for 30-40 mins until cooked all the way through. Baste the chicken with extra tamarind sauce.