Agias Sofias 16, Corfu 49100, Greece
T. +30 26610 33848 | M. 6947 704919 | E. firstname.lastname@example.org
• 4 Tbsp coconut oil
• 1 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
• 9 cloves garlic crushed
• 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
• 2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
• 2 Tbsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 4 cups water
• 1 cup mung beans well rinsed
• 1 can coconut milk
• 1-2 medium limes juiced
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
• In a large pot heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat.
• Add the cumin seeds and cook for about 1 minute, until they just begin to darken.
• Add the garlic, and sauté for 3-4 minutes until it has browned, but watch it very carefully so that it doesn’t burn.
• Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine, then add ginger, coriander, turmeric, salt, and cayenne.
• Sauté this mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Add the water and mung beans. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring the mixture once or twice.
• Taste a few mung beans to make sure they are cooked. If they are, stir in the coconut milk, and increase the heat to medium-high.
• Once the curry comes to the boil turn off the heat. Stir in the cilantro and the juice of one lime.
• Serve hot.
No comments so far. Be first to leave comment below.