1 tablespoon olive oil
230 gr boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
230gr mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Melt butter in the stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock, bay leaf and chicken thighs, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is too thick, add some hot water until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley .
No comments so far. Be first to leave comment below.